What SWTOR Class Are You Trying Out First? 06 Saturday Aug 2011 Posted by anexxia in poll ≈ 17 Comments Tagsclasses, Star Wars: The Old Republic, SWOTR, what to play first? Take Our Poll Rate this:Share this:TwitterFacebookRedditEmailPrintLike this:Like Loading... Related
Probably a bounty hunter, but it could be a Jedi Consular, I haven’t really done any reading about them in a few months.
Well, if you need some help deciding (or just want to geek out for that matter), the WIkia site has some pretty good class overviews: http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Classes
I’m probably going for Smuggler, unless Dev wants to try Sith first, in which case probably the Imperial Agent.
Keep me posted on what you guys end up deciding…I know I’ll want to check out the Jedi eventually too…
Oh, definitely! 🙂 I’ll probably have alt-itis and play on both sides of the fence, and I cannot resist my sneaksie character classes. Hopefully we can play together again when the game comes out.
The Agent had caught my interest early on with the whole sniper thing, but once I decided on tanking it had to be Sith Warrior.
Thank goodness for me that you are willing to tank…tho if there were ever a viable ranged caster tank in an MMO you know I would be all over it…I just have no love for melee.
Just as I tend towards Horde more than Alliance, so too do I lean more towards Sith than Jedi.
First up, Sith Inquisitor and Imperial Agent. Sith Warrior to some degree as well. Jedi Consular and Jedi Knight after that, follow by everything else.
I do hope Jenny is of a similar Sith POV!
I voted for the Jedi Consular, but that’s more because it seems like the majority of my friends are going to be Republic folks and I want to actually play with them this time around. If I had my way, though, I’d happily be a Sith Inquisitor or a Bounty Hunter.
So far it looks like we’ll have friends playing Sith, tho I expect eventually to have a Jedi Consular at some point, to play with more folks. I still regret that it took me so long to start playing horde in WoW, due to not having any friends playing them.
It took me a long time to realize I was happier playing Horde in WoW; I’m hoping something similar doesn’t happen with SW:TOR. Knowing me, though, I’ll probably wind up leveling an Inquisitor and a Consular at once. The call of the dark side is strong, as is my altitis.
Pingback: Why Sith Inquisitor? Must You Ask? « Inquisitor's Roadhouse
You know at first I wanted to play as a jedi – either class would have done. Now I am really looking hard at the smuggler. It’s going to be interesting on Day 1 for me…
I’m going to be an Imperial Agent Operative all the way. I’ve always been content being a healer, but that’s not the main reason. It has everything with the personae I wish to create.
Jedi Consular. Reasons are simple.
1) It’s the story I’ve experienced the least of through betas.
2) It’s a playstyle I know I like, from trying the Inquisitor out.
3) My guild’s a Republic guild, so of course I rolled a Republic main!
4) The “wishful thinking” reason – I’m holding off on rolling a Jedi Knight or Smuggler until we hear more about the Legacy Levels and Legacy XP. One of the first things James Ohlen ever mentioned about the Legacy System (before they blowdarted him in the neck and dragged him away) was the idea of unlocking additional species for new characters though the Legacy System… and I would really, really like to play a togruta Jedi Knight or rodian Smuggler! So I’m saving those two classes until I know for sure one way or another about the species situation.
and last but not least,
5) Flinging refrigerators at Flesh Raiders is a hoot.
Sith Warrior (Juggernaut) because I can.