Today’s patch brings us a new warzone, new cartel market items, and a bunch of special Life Day items including a tinsel bomb and holo tree! Full details after the jump…
Another Tuesday and another set of patch notes!
Most notably, we’re seeing a decrease in legacy level requirements for obtaining XP increase perks:
- The Legacy Levels required for experience modifier perks have been adjusted. The ranks now require Legacy Level 2/3/5/7/10 (changed from 5/10/15/20/25).
- The Legacy Levels required for companion modifier perks have been adjusted. The ranks now require Legacy Level 2/5/8 (changed from 5/10/15).
- The Capital World and Outlaw’s Den priority transit perks now require Legacy Level 2 (previously 10).
- The Fleet Vanguard and Black Hole priority transit perks now require Legacy Level 5 (previously 10).
- The Legacy Levels required for the repair droid perks have been adjusted. The ranks now require Legacy Level 5/8/12 (changed from 10/15/25).
- The field respec perk now require Legacy Level 5 (previously 10).
I am happy to see this. I was so disappointed when I realized I couldn’t access the ship droid crafting upgrades, thanks to having leveled legacy on 3 servers instead of just one. Now to tally up how much I want to spend on Legacy perks…
Full patch notes after the jump!
Another Tuesday means another Star Wars: the Old Republic (SWTOR) patch. A few of the highlights:
- Players can now use vehicles on Coruscant in the large areas of the Black Sun, Old Galactic Market, The Works, and the Jedi Temple districts. This makes purchasers of the Legacy Character Perk of speeder riding at level10 very very happy.
- The crafting UI now correctly takes companion affection and other factors into account when displaying mission times.
- An issue that could prevent some players from being displayed in the Warzone group frames has been corrected.
Full notes after the jump!
A small patch went in today, with a few bug fixes for patch 1.3. A few highlights:
- Deleting the sell price of an item placed on the GTN no longer sets the value to “NaN.”.
- Group leaders can now queue for a replacement player if group leadership was transferred manually after a group member quit or was vote-kicked.
- Categories that player has not queued for no longer appear in the “Queued For:” tooltip.
Well, it’s finally here– Patch 1.3 has been deployed on live servers! For recaps of some of the changes I’m most excited about, check out:
- Patch 1.3 Crew Skills Changes: Q&A with SWTOR Systems Designers David Hunt and Patrick Malott
- Friday 5: Five Things I’m Looking Forward to in SWTOR Patch 1.3
Full final patch notes after the jump!
Lots of little odds and ends patched today. Details after the jump!
A small patch this morning, presumably to remove the Plague, and with a few small fixes:
- Earpieces and implants now properly apply their stat bonuses when equipped on companions.
- Helmets now work correctly when unifying colors on the character sheet.
- Corrected an issue that could cause characters in cinematics to appear grey in color.
- Corrected an issue that prevented players from adding offline players to their friends list. (maybe this will mean Anexxia will stop getting the character does not exist error message when folks try to friend her?)
For those of you behind a firewall, I give you the full patch notes after the jump…
That’s right! It’s Patch Day! I hope you set your launcher to download the patch before you left for work because it’s a big one…
Galactic Trade Network
- The Galactic Trade Network interface now supports text-based searches without category restrictions.
- The rarity drop-down in the GTN interface now contains an option for Custom (orange) rarity.
- A ‘Slot’ pulldown menu has been added to the GTN Interface for more specific item searches.
- Players can now compare items on the GTN or in mail to items equipped by their companion.
- In-game mail messages generated by the Galactic Trade Network now contain more specific information about the item sold.
- Players can now leave comments on entries in their Friends List in the Social Window.
- Hovering over the LFG column in the Social Window now displays a tooltip showing the individual’s LFG message.
- “Reply” chat targets are no longer cleared upon area transitions.
- The /bow emote no longer loops when used.
- Base crafted items can now be hyperlinked in chat.
- A new option to suppress the Crew Mission reward window while in Warzones has been added.
- Emotes no longer remove a player from stealth.
Full patch notes are after the jump.
Happy Valentines Day SWTOR peeps! Bioware’s valentine for some of us at least is today’s bug fix patch. I’m happy to say it hits on a few of my hot issues:
- Players are no longer occasionally disconnected from the game when interacting with a mailbox.
I can not tell you how many times I’ve crashed to the character screen when downloading mail (and temporarily lost all the mailed items to boot!) Very happy to see this fix.
- On Illum, Players are now notified when they kill a player but do not receive credit due to rate limits.
THANK YOU! This is probably the top complaint amongst guildies and general chat users.
- Players will now properly receive mission credit for warzone wins when the first player to enter a Warzone leaves before the match ends.
And this is probably the second most frequent complaint I’ve seen. Whoohoo! Now it’s time to get some PvP on…
- A confirmation dialog is now displayed when choosing a Legacy name. The UI has been updated to better communicate Legacy name decisions.
One last chance to spellcheck…
Full patch notes after the jump
We have a small bug patch in SWTOR this morning. Also included are the recently discussed changes to the Biochem profession, to make it less of a mandatory for progression raiders. Changes that I’m most interested in include:
- If Sprint was active when a player died, it now remains active when the player is revived.
(no more running around playing Huttball without Sprint!)
- Companion Characters no longer occasionally appear unclothed when summoned.
(which is great b/c some of those companions naked = scary)
- The message “There are no missions defined for the Crew Skill: [Crew Skill Name]” is no longer erroneously displayed.
(I got this error message just about every time I completed a synthweaving item, if not every time.)
- In Eternity Vault, Soa now frees all players in mind traps before transitioning to his platform phase. Players will no longer be stuck in mind traps during the platforming sequence as a result.
(this happened to us a ton)
- Champion bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations and 7 Champion Commendations, and the chance to obtain a direct trade item token has been reduced. Battlemaster bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations.
- Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals no longer require Biochem to use.
- Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals are no longer bound, allowing them to be traded or sold to other players.
- Rakata reusable stims and adrenals have been reduced in power, providing buffs equal to Energized stims and adrenals. However, the tooltips for these items have not been updated and will still display old values.
- The Exotech Med Unit schematic obtained from the Eternity Vault Operation now functions properly and can be learned.
Full patch notes behind the jump.