I don’t know about you, but I definitely have some gaming friends that I wish I could get onto my SWTOR servers to play with me. But many of them, having gotten tired of plunking down $60 a pop for games they may not end up loving, have been resistant to making the leap into SWTOR. But starting this weekend, with the SWTOR Weekend Pass, they have started to run out of excuses. That’s right, all your slacker friends who don’t already have a previously-active Star Wars: The Old Republic account can log on and play starter content with you, free of charge, with no payment method required, for up to four days.
And thus, today’s five, with the reasons why they should sign up to play SWTOR with you this weekend already:
- You know you want to play with a lightsaber. After all, we all saw you pretending that empty wrapping paper core was one. And those woosh woosh sounds you made. Mmmmhmm. We know all about it.
- Unlike spending St.Patrick’s Day at the bar, SWTOR is a hangover free zone.
- If you start now, you won’t be one of those carpetbaggers we all make fun of who jump on the bandwagon after the first expansion.
- Not only can you play the Knight or Inquisitor of your dreams, depending upon the class you choose you can eventually have a Twi’lek or a Jawa for a companion. And there are no ewoks for haters to hate on.
- Did I mention free? What other sort of rich, social, interactive entertainment do you have available this weekend with no cost to you?
Are you planning to hassle some of your peeps to try out SWTOR this weekend?
I have been waiting since the beginning for a free trial. I’m definitely part of the not-spending-a-lot-of-money-on-a-new-game-like-I-did-with-Rift crowd, haha.
In the last 48 hours I have been enjoying the hell out of this game. It has that same obsessive pull that WoW had for me when I first started playing.
Well, I’m taking the plunge. Only 2 days and I just purchased the game. This game has been extremely fun. (More constructive thoughts when it’s not 2am here)
I’m hoping this trial weekend will get more of my favorite WoW folks into the game.
What class are you playing?
My main so far is a Female Human Sith Marauder. Level 16 already! And I just got my ship. 🙂 My second favorite so far is my Female Twi’lek baby Smuggler.
I have been meaning to start a Marauder…Grats on already making such great progress!
Zwingli (@zwinglisblog) said:
i would, but my computer won’t run it. I did an online test, and was told my computer was able to do so. 😦
Yay for 6 year old computers!!!!
Boo for being broke!
Don’t forget the “There is no Mac client” excuse!